TEQUILA PRODUCERS CERTIFICATION
NOM Compliance Certification is granted to the Authorized Producers, an individual or corporation having facilities located within the territory of the Declaration of the Appellation of Origin. Said Authorized Producers’ main activities must be the Tequila production. Certification shall be subjected to compliance of dispositions contained in the NOM-006-SCFI-2012 Alcoholic Beverages Tequila Specifications, and other applicable provisions.
The following are the stages to follow to get certification:
1. Get a Technical Report from CRT
2. Get the Authorization to use the Appellation of Origin Tequila (DOT) from IMPI.
3. Get Authorization to produce Tequila and/or Tequila 100% from DGN.
4. Get the Producer's Registry Number that shall accompany the NOM Official Code from CRT.
5. Get the NOM Conformity Certificate from CRT